Forum Message

online software installation

hi i am considering migrating to the online version but wondered does it require administrator permissions to install in a corporate network environment or is it truly online via a web address?

Posted by Steven Thomson on Sep 10, 2017 11:29 AM BST

Hi Steven,

The online version saves your data to the cloud, but it is not a web site - you will need to download and install it as described here:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=true

You do not need Administrator privileges to install the Windows version. You do need Administrator privileges to install the Mac version.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 10, 2017 2:01 PM BST

thanks have managed to do that and runs to open stage but then says no internet connections. am i correct in thinking firewall permission or sophos control might be blocking it.

Posted by Steven Thomson on Sep 11, 2017 9:48 AM BST

Hi Steven,

That is odd. Check that you can access google.com in your web browser. If that doesn't help, and you have a virus protection software, try disabling it temporarily to see if the virus protection software is blocking Solar Accounts.

Any luck?

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 11, 2017 2:24 PM BST

its my firewall config. sadly can't overcome this without network admin permissions :(

Posted by Steven Thomson on Sep 11, 2017 4:00 PM BST

Hi Steven,

Yes the online version will need to get through your firewall to work correctly. If your network administrator allows your web browser to access the network, perhaps he/she will also allow Solar Accounts?

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren on Sep 12, 2017 8:52 AM BST