Forum Message

Transferring fron Offline to Online

I have been using the offline version for years for a number of bookkeeping clients. (Version 3.9.8d)
I'm considering transferring to the online version for one of the larger clients.
1. Can I transfer the data from the off line version to the online version for this client & if so, how?
2. As this larger client's file is now slow due to the number of transactions will the online version become slow as the number of transactions become large?
3. Can I still continue to use the offline version for the small clients side by side with the online version?

Posted by Jack on Apr 19, 2018 12:33 PM BST

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts Online! To answer your questions:

1. Yes, it's very easy to import your existing data when you set up your business - just follow these steps:
    https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/switch-steps.php

2. Sorry no, the online version is not any faster for businesses with a large number of transactions. The simplest approach would be to create a new business file at the start of the next financial year.

3. Yes, the online version of Solar Accounts is a completely separate program to the old offline version - they can both run simultaneously on screen without any problems. You can manage one business in the online version and the rest in the offline version.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 19, 2018 12:46 PM BST