Forum Message

Exporting Data

When I try to export accounts to a csv file the exported figures shown are "opening Balances" instead of "Current Balances".
How do I export the correct current balances please?

Posted by Jack on Jun 12, 2018 2:51 PM BST

Hi Jack,

Solar Accounts exports data to CSV files in this format:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-import-data-from-csv-file.php

To export the current balances for each account click menu Window > Accounts, then click menu File > Export To > Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 12, 2018 5:15 PM BST

Thank you Mark for the info.

As my current date file has 16,000+ transactions it is time to open a new file. The year ended on 31 May.

I exported the balances as that that date but as I mentioned on my earlier post the balances exported were the opening balances for each account (i.e the balances at 1 June 2017).

In order to bring forward the closing balances as at 31 May it would appear that I need to open a new year (i.e. y/e 31 05 2019) and then export. This would seem to show the correct balances at 1st June 2018. Can you confirm that that is the case please?
There have been some entries made since 1 June (e.g. recurring items) in the current data file. Can I leave these as they are before exporting or do I need to remove them & re-enter in the new file?

I presume it would be better if I made adjustments as at 31 May such as Accruals, Depreciation on Assets, etc before transferring to the new year.

Posted by Jack on Jun 14, 2018 1:36 PM BST

Hello Jack,

Sorry for my delayed response. Yes, if you start a new financial year ending 31 May 2019 the 'Opening Balance' figure will be from 1 June 2018. You don't need to remove the recurring transactions dated after 1 June 2018, but you will need to re-input them in the new file.

And yes I recommend you enter all your transactions for the year ending 31 May 2018 into the old file before you switch to the new file. That way you keep a clean separate between each file.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 19, 2018 2:38 PM BST