Forum Message

OSX compatibility

Will Solar Accounts be compatible with OSX 10.4 Mojave in the near future?

Posted by Peter Evans on Sep 26, 2018 4:19 PM BST

Solar does NOT work with Mojave at the moment.
It loads, but trying to open an invoice (or any other document) causes the application to stop responding for 30-40 seconds when it will eventually open the invoice.

Is this likely to be fixed or do we need to find yet another accounting package that isn't online based?

Posted by Elliott Coleman on Sep 27, 2018 9:06 AM BST

Hello Peter,

Yes, we plan to officially support MacOS 10.14 Mojave very soon - I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 27, 2018 10:21 AM BST

Hi Elliott,

Unfortunately we aren't able to reproduce the problem at our end. It looks like you are running the old offline version of Solar Accounts - in that case please click menu File > Backup, then save the file and email it to me.

Also, please run Solar Accounts and press Command + Option + Z. You should see a message saying that a diagnostic file called 'Solar Accounts Log File.zip' was created in your Documents folder. Please also email me that file.

This will help us better understand the problem.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 27, 2018 10:23 AM BST

Hi Mark,

Yes, it is the offline version. I’m just restoring my main machine at the moment to get us back up and running. I still have a second machine with Mojave so will load some data on it and get the diagnostics you need a bit later today.

Everything appears to work, it just takes ages to load a document.

Posted by Elliott coleman on Sep 27, 2018 10:28 AM BST

Hi Peter,

Solar Accounts now officially supports MacOS 10.14 Mojave.

If you are running Solar Accounts Online you can simply upgrade your operating system to 10.14.

If you are using the old offline version we recommend you upgrade to the latest offline version before you upgrade:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=false

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 2, 2018 1:15 PM BST