Forum Message

MTD readiness

Like many I am looking at upgrading onto your online version. I am a little concerned by your wording on previous questions "we aim to be ready or will link to third party for VAT submission". Not word for word but that was the essence of what you were saying. It worries me slightly regarding a third party so are you any nearer getting MTD compliant. I am a free lance bookkeeper and looking to move several clients off of spreadsheets a.s.a.p.

Posted by Susan Downing on Nov 15, 2018 2:24 PM GMT

Hi Susan,

Actually it's now very likely that we will incorporate MTD functionality into Solar Accounts itself rather than linking to third party software. Unfortunately I cannot give you a specific date yet when this functionality will be available, except that it will be before the MTD deadline of April 2019.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 15, 2018 3:31 PM GMT

Hi Mark,
I am an AAT Licensed bookkeeper and I have been using Solar for over 10 years several clients that use Solar. All are currently using the non cloud based version of Solar... I am assuming that support for MTD will be in the cloud version of Solar.
Please can you confirm this...

As I will need to migrate my clients to software that supports MTD and I will need to know what costs are involved if SOlar for the cloud can support MTD.

If not I will have to look at alternative products which I am loathed to do as I find Solar the perfect solution for these clients.

Please advise
Jane Moore was Cox

Posted by Jane Anne Moore on Nov 24, 2018 1:13 PM GMT

Hi Jane,

Yes, we plan to update Solar Accounts Online to meet the HMRC "Making Tax Digital for Business" requirements for VAT by April 2019. We do not plan to update the old offline version of Solar Accounts. If you are still running this older version you will need to upgrade to the latest online version to be MTD compliant for VAT returns. We may also have a 'beta test phase' for the MTD functionality before April 2019 - I'll record your email address to be notified when we make announcements about MTD in future.

Pricing for the online version of Solar Accounts can be found here:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/purchase.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 24, 2018 1:34 PM GMT