Forum Message

MTD

Hi, I have been with you now for 8 years using the offline version as I have no need for cloud storage & am on the road most of the time with my business so no internet access a lot of the time.
I am happy to upgrade to the online version to have MTD capability but looking at other similar packages it seems that most of them are already MTD capable & at a lower monthly cost.
I like the ease of use of Solar & do not want the hassle of having to learn a new system so would put up with the higher charges but I really need to know when Solar will be MTD capable as I have just submitted my VAT return & the HMRC website is asking me to register for MTD which obviously I cannot do without compatible software.
If I have to look elsewhere for account software I need to do so now to make sure I am familiar with it before the changes next year.
Hopefully you can shed some light on this for me.

Posted by Karl Barker on Dec 5, 2018 1:45 PM GMT

Hi Karl,

Yes we can certainly see why you want to have the MTD features available in Solar Accounts as soon as possible. At the moment I can only confirm that it will be available by April 2019. However, we are working hard on this feature and hope to be able to give you more information by the end of this month. I've recorded your email address to be notified when we make announcements about MTD features in Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 6, 2018 11:30 AM GMT

I would also like to know when Solar is MTD compatible please. I am on the offline version too so am pretty much in the same boat.

Posted by Mark Cuthbert on Dec 7, 2018 12:21 PM GMT

Hi Mark, please keep me informed by email also, Simon

Posted by Simon Race on Dec 31, 2019 10:33 AM GMT