Forum Message

Flat Rate Scheme and Export to Excel

Hello,

I expressed interest in Solar Accounts earlier this year (changed my trading name from E R W Bookkeeping!) and I am watching the development of your software with great interest.

I currently use Businessware (http://www.business-ware.co.uk/) which has just introduced the Flat Rate Scheme into their software. This has given it an advantage over many of its competitors and I know it would be an excellent addition to Solar Accounts. I've looked also at the help section on the website where you have notes explaining how to deal with CIS tax issues. CIS is something that a lot of independant bookkeepers shy away from but you have explained clearly and easily how to deal with it.

I remember enquiring about the possibility of you introducing an export to Excel facility. You said this was something you were going to look at in future releases. I like Businessware, it is an excellent program but if the time comes when an export facility is introduced, I will happily change to Solar Accounts because I think it is by far the best Accounts software available on the market! It runs perfectly on my iMac too using Vista/Parallels software!

I wish you much continued success with Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Rob Williams

Posted by Rob Williams on Aug 9, 2008 5:21 PM BST

Thanks for your continued interest in Solar Accounts!

As it happens we are releasing another version of Solar Accounts next week which includes the ability to export data to CSV files, which can be opened in Excel. The column format of these files follows the Sage format so they can be imported directly into Sage software products.

Flat Rate VAT is a high priority for us - we expect to make it available in the next few months (although no promises!). It seems to be something many of our users are looking for. I'll email you when it is available.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 10, 2008 10:56 AM BST

We have just released a new version of Solar Accounts which allows you to export data to CSV files (click 'Export Data' from the File menu). These files can be opened in a spreadsheet program or imported into Sage accounting software.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 12, 2008 9:35 AM BST