Forum Message

Bank Reconciliation

Hi, I'm trying to reconcile a bank statement.

I did it on the first month and everything balanced fine.

However now I have my 2nd month's statement the entries from the first month are still there and I have to place a tick by them to get this current's month to balance.

Surely they should dissapear after they've been ticked off?

Can someone advise please?

Posted by Matt Lucas on May 28, 2009 2:45 PM BST

Hi Matt,

Solar Accounts is designed to show all transactions for the account being reconciled - it does not group transactions by statement. When you receive your second statement simply carry on where you left off before.

We have recorded a feature request to hide transactions which have been reconciled - I'll add your email to be notified if we implement this in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 28, 2009 5:52 PM BST

Please add me to that list as well.

This is the only thing that I have an issue with. It's a pain having to see every single entry recorded against an account when the entries have already been reconciled.

It seems pointless to display them when they have already been dealt with the previous month(s)

Posted by Ady on Jun 11, 2009 2:31 PM BST

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your feedback - I've added your email to the notification list.

This feature is not as simple as it first appears because there is nothing to stop a user from entering a new (unreconciled) transaction dated during the previous (reconciled) bank statement. This new transaction would then need to be reconciled which requires that all transactions for that period to be shown. One solution would be to to 'lock' the account so the reconciled transaction period couldn't be modified.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 12, 2009 7:50 AM BST

I'd like to add my voice to those requesting disappearance of reconciled items.

Re the difficulty with a new item posted with a date during a reconciled period: this would indicate either the earlier reconciliation was incorrect, in which case the user would wish to roll back to the previous correct reconciliation; or that the new posting is a transaction which does not clear until the current period, in which case there should not be a problem.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Regards, Chris

Posted by Chris Prescott on Aug 3, 2009 11:14 AM BST

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feedback. Your analysis is correct - we'll add your email to be notified if this gets implemented in future.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 4, 2009 10:33 AM BST

Hello,

Has this point about a'new statement' for each month been resolved yet? I am still trialing solar and trying to convert my brain from using a big book and a monthly bank statement. I think if it was possible to lock or remove the previously reconciled items it would be helpful.
Popsey

Posted by Popsey Sims on Sep 21, 2009 2:08 PM BST

Hi Popsey,

Sorry no, we have not implemented any changes to the bank reconciliation feature.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 21, 2009 3:49 PM BST

I read that "We have recorded a feature request to hide transactions which have been reconciled - I'll add your email to be notified if we implement this in future. "

Is that available now?

Posted by Steve H on Feb 18, 2011 3:01 PM GMT

Hi Steve,

No, it is not possible to hide transactions in the bank reconciliation list.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 18, 2011 3:29 PM GMT

Hi All,

The latest version of Solar Accounts allows hide the reconciled transactions in the Bank Reconciliation window by selecting 'Hide Reconciled Period' from the Options toolbar menu. You can upgrade Solar Accounts here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 29, 2012 1:29 PM BST

I don't have a particular issue with this - if you enter an item with an earlier date, then using the "hide reconciled period" will hide everything up to that entry. Tick that, then untick and retick the "hide reconciled period" and it will bring you back to current entries.

However, what I do have an issue with is having to individually tick every item on the bank reconciliation. It would be great to have the ability to "select all" - if it reconciles, this would save a huge amount of time. If it doesn't reconcile then you would still be able to do it line by line.

Posted by Carolyn Mitchell on Jun 21, 2013 1:42 PM BST

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for your feedback. Regarding the 'hide reconciled period' - this feature is only designed to hide the first chunk of reconciled transactions (ie. up to the first unreconciled transaction). We have since renamed the option "Hide First Reconciled Period".

We'll note your suggestion about having an option to reconcile bank transactions in bulk.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 21, 2013 1:55 PM BST