Forum Message

Using Irish VAT rate of 21%

I have used QuickBooks and found it frustrating. I have briefly tested a number of other accounting programs and looked at many on the web -- without finding anything suitable. Solar Accounts, however, seems to be exactly what I am searching for: a genuinely simple program for a self-employed person providing a professional service. Some programs might have been suitable but their design is dull or execrable.
Design-wise, your program is the best I have seen. It is aesthetically superb (the choice of font, for a start; plus the great layout and colours). Congratulations!
There is just one problem. As far as I can see, I cannot use the Irish VAT rate of 21%. It would be a great shame (for me, at any rate, plus other Irish potential buyers of your program -- and, at least after an initial test, I would recommend it heartily) if this one item makes it unsuitable for use outside the U.K..

Posted by David Quin on Jun 29, 2008 5:33 PM BST

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear positive reviews from our users.

You can certainly enter 21% as the VAT rate - just type it in! You can also change the default currency from

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 30, 2008 10:37 AM BST