Forum Message

New Invoice

SOLAR is trying to be helpful by automatically populating the Account and Unit Price for a given Description. I can see that would be very useful for a company selling items off a price list - but for a company selling services, the population of the Unit Price is a nuisance and leads to errors. Can the filling of Unit Price be made a Set-up option ? This is really irksome.

Posted by Alan Rick on Jun 16, 2009 7:43 AM BST

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your feedback - I can see how that can be frustrating! We'll see if we can improve this behaviour in future.

Note that if you use slightly different description you can get different unit prices. For example, instead of having a description of "Mow Grass", you could have:
"Mow Grass - 33 Church Street"
"Mow Grass - 12 Carlyle Avenue"
The automatic unit price can then be different for each case.

Does this help?

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 16, 2009 9:59 AM BST

Mark

I see where you are going to, but it doesn't help really - for example, in our landscaping business we have a number of descriptions including Clearance, Landscaping, Planting, Plants, etc and I want to keep to that standardisation. I can see that adding a differentiator, such as the address would help, but I would rather this be an option we could turn off.

Thanks for your time in responding.

Best wishes, Alan

Posted by Alan Rick on Jun 16, 2009 10:24 AM BST

I see what you mean.

We'll add a feature request in our system for this, and will let you know if we make it available.

Cheers

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 16, 2009 10:28 AM BST