Forum Message

VAT summary

It would be really good to be able to print the green VAT summary page as well as the details to keep for records.

Posted by Peter Huckle on Jun 22, 2009 11:54 AM BST

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry I don't really understand: The figures on the green VAT summary page appear on the VAT details printout so you wouldn't get any extra information. Are you saying you want the option to print a shorter VAT report?

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 23, 2009 9:28 AM BST

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your quick reply. Yes - I think the summary page is useful - I realise that all the figures appear in the detail but the green page is really handy as there is no possibility of error when filling out the VAT form - it just gives you confidence that you are doing it right - even having the colours and layout the same is kind of reassuring. I realise that this is not really logical - it might just be that I'm used to Quicken but it was one of the features I appreciated!

Solar Accounts is a brilliant and worthy successor to Quicken for a small business like mine - it took me a long time to find your software - I just wish had found it earlier! You should blow your own trumpet more in the Quicken forums - there are lots of people out there looking for a replacement.

Thanks again

Posted by Peter Huckle on Jun 23, 2009 11:09 AM BST

Hi Peter,

That's interesting - thanks for your feedback. We'll add it as a feature request in our system.

Thanks also for your positive review. Quickbooks is certainly one of major competitors - it's a David and Goliath situation! We're glad to hear that our product measures up - please let us know how you get on with Solar Accounts.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 23, 2009 11:39 AM BST