Forum Message

Payment to the company

When i set up my company, i made an initial payment to start it off. How do i show this payment and show the bank balance reporting this?

Posted by Steve Craig on Aug 3, 2009 12:58 PM BST

Hi Steve,

I assume you are a company director? In that case, click menu File > New > General Transaction, then:
- Set the memo to 'Initial Capital Investment'
- Tick the 'Multiple Accounts' checkbox.
- In the To Account table enter 'Cheque Account' with the amount you deposited
- In the From Account table enter 'Share Capital' account with the amount of the registered share capital for the company
- Add a second line in the From Account table for the 'Directors Loan' account for the balance of the investment

I hope this makes sense - please let me know if you need more information.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 3, 2009 2:04 PM BST

Thanks Mark

How would i then record payments back of the directors loan?

Posted by Steve Craig on Aug 3, 2009 2:52 PM BST

Hi Steve,

Just create a General Transaction from the Cheque Account to the Directors Loan account.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 3, 2009 4:01 PM BST

Hello!

I would appreciate some further clarification on this please. I am a start-up ltd company sole director. I just recently opened my business account and deposited £1000 into this account from my own funds. Number of Shares held by me = 1 for which I paid £1. How do I account for this £1,000 investment by me into the business?

In addition, I paid for a few expenses prior to my business account being opened. This was paid from my personal funds - how would I show this in solar?

Thanks for your help

Posted by Nick Kay on Sep 26, 2013 1:34 PM BST

Hi Nick,

Create two General Transactions:
1. From the Share Capital account to the Cheque Account for £1
2. From the Directors Loan Account to the Cheque Account for £999

Record the expenses as normal (ie. Money Paid Out transactions) except set the Paid From Account to 'Directors Loan Account'

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 26, 2013 1:50 PM BST