Forum Message

Payments from many customers

Hi

I have just downloaded your accounts package and starting to use it.

I have one question however about set-up Almost all my money is earned online selling a gift package to people around the world. Almost all of them are one off purchases using paypal and a shopping cart so I never need to produce invoices prior to payment and they get an automatic receipt from the cart immediately after payment.

As they are almost all one off can I create a single customer using say "Laird of Jura Customers" and credit them straight off without invoicing first?

As they are also sold in US dollars with most being outside UK and dollars is internet international currency how do I get the sterling pounds to enter?

Thanks

Ron

Posted by Ron Thomson on Aug 25, 2009 11:44 AM BST

Hi Ron,

Thanks for trying Solar Accounts. Yes, you can use a single group 'customer' if you don't need to keep track of individual customers. And no, you don't need to create an invoice - just record a 'Money Received' transaction as described here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-record-a-cash-sale.php

If your customer pays in dollars, you will need to apply an exchange rate then enter the income in pounds. Typically your payment provider (eg. Paypal) will automatically do the conversion before crediting your account in pounds.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 25, 2009 12:09 PM BST