Forum Message

Purchases not appearing on VAT report

Hi
I'm using a 60 day trial version of Solar and inputting sales and purchase invoices.

However, when I check the reports under Vat Return Detail no vat is showing and the 'total purchases' is empty even though I have inputted quite a few purchase invoices with vat. However the total sales ex vat is showing the correct list..
Where am I going wrong?
Thanks
Sarah

Cheers,

Posted by Sarah Boyson on Sep 8, 2009 3:53 PM BST

Hi Sarah,

Are you registered for the Flat Rate Scheme? If so, purchases would not normally be shown on your VAT return.

If not, check that the VAT Period covers the date of the purchases. You can change the period of the VAT Return Detail report by clicking 'Configure'.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please email me your data file and I will investigate further.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 8, 2009 4:00 PM BST

A quick note to other users:

When you change the Flat Rate VAT setting in the setup screen, it only affects new transactions, not existing ones. You will need to manually edit each existing transaction to say that it does not fall under the flat rate scheme. To do this, go to the Transactions list, open each transaction, then click on the small 'up' arrow next to the VAT Treatment field and remove the tick next to 'Flat Rate Scheme applies to this transaction'. The transactions will then appear in the VAT Return Detail report.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 24, 2010 6:53 PM BST