Forum Message

Solar accounts vs Express Accounts 2.08 vs Quickbooks

Hi - I'm self-employed in the UK (no VAT etc) and deciding between Express Accounts 2.08 (free with some paid support) and Solar Accounts.

The forum seems better on solar accounts, though there are many more positive reviews for express accounts.

I think in both cases it's possible to export if things aren't suitable.

Is there anything else I should consider?

Posted by AndyTaylor on Sep 17, 2009 8:21 PM BST

Hi Andy,

You should also look at how easy it is to use the software. One way to do this is to install both systems and for a short period enter the same transactions into both systems - you will quickly get a feel for which software package is simpler to use.

Also consider the possiblity that your business will grow to the point that you must register for VAT (£67,000 per year). If that happens it would be a pain to have to switch accounting software if your existing system doesn't support VAT. (Quickbooks supports VAT, but I'm not sure about Express Accounts)

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 18, 2009 10:30 AM BST

Hi Andy,

Personally I have tried them all, and found Solar accounts the easiest and best to use.

Plus it has the best forums and most useful replies from Mark!. :-)

Joe.

Posted by Joe on Oct 5, 2010 9:35 PM BST

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in our software an support!

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 6, 2010 9:01 AM BST

I have to agree, I am trying Solar accounts at the moment and quiet honesly, ITS A DODDLE to set and use. You just dont need anything else, quick to set up with your business stationery and Logo and away you go

Posted by Steve Couch on Mar 24, 2011 5:40 PM GMT