Forum Message

How to reconcile bank statement

I have just reconciled my bank statement. I notice there is no option to the reconcile and move on to the next one. I can only see the close button. When I do close it and reopen to reconcile another statement the previous reconciling is still there.

Also is there a reconcile report that I can print off or a report to show transactions?

Posted by Ruth Williams on Sep 24, 2008 10:53 AM BST

Hello Ruth,

The bank reconciliation in Solar Accounts is a little different to other accounting programs. It does not group reconciliation activity into distinct statements: The objective is simply to have the 'bank balance' column on the screen match your printed statement. Once you have done this, the reconciliation is complete. When you receive your next statement you simply carry on where you left off.

We don't provide a report which shows which transactions have been reconciled. However, to print a list of transactions for your bank account go to the Account Activity screen (click menu Window > Account Activity), enter the bank account name then click File > Print.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 24, 2008 12:00 PM BST

Hi Mark

Thanks for your advice, it is very helpful.

Posted by Ruth Williams on Sep 24, 2008 7:27 PM BST

The latest version of Solar Accounts allows the reconciliation screen to be printed - just click the 'Print' toolbar button

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 13, 2009 12:53 PM BST