Forum Message

Consolidator

Firstly, I want to state that I have been using Solar for more than six months now and find it to be an extremely reliable and intuitive product - which, I know, was intended for small businesses.

I run four separate but related businesses using Solar (four databases). I have set up extremely similar accounts structures in each of my databases and I would dearly love to have some form of 'Consolidated' reporting - for example, it would be fantastic if I could simply print (or export) some account totals. My main thinking here would be to run a daily report of bank balances for all four companies.

Is there any plan to be able to produce any kind of consolidation ?

Posted by Alan Rick on Nov 20, 2009 2:55 PM GMT

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your feedback - it's great that you like our software!

A number of users have requested a feature where transactions could be classified by 'department' and profit reported by department or the whole business. We can't make promises about future development, but I'll record your email to be notified in case we add this feature.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 21, 2009 2:15 PM GMT

Mark - I am not sure that your response actually addressed my request. I am not looking for "a feature where transactions could be classified by 'department' and profit reported by department or the whole business".

I would like to export the Value of several accounts from one or more Databases (parameter driven) so that I can do some work in a spreadsheet - for example aggregate bank balances (but it could be PAYE/NI any other account).

Posted by Alan Rick on Nov 22, 2009 6:49 PM GMT

Hello Alan,

Sorry, I see what you mean now. One approach would be to export your transactions from each business to four separate CSV files. Then create a new 'consolidated' business file and import all the CSV files into this new file. This would require that you use the same account names but distinct transaction IDs when editing the individual business files. I know this approach is cumbersome, but to be honest it's unlikely to be something we address in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 23, 2009 10:56 AM GMT