Forum Message

Closing Customer Accounts

How do I "hide" customers who we are no longer invoicing / purchasing from.

Posted by James Southern on Dec 27, 2009 5:17 PM GMT

Hi James,

Unfortunately, you cannot mark customers as 'inactive' in Solar Accounts. I'll record your email to be notified in case we add this feature in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 28, 2009 10:12 AM GMT

I use Solar Accounts for a charity that runs a theatre and because of the multiple payments either through Paypal, Credit Cards or Cash I have no alternative but to log each transaction against a separate Artist Account. Because of the number of Artists booked each year my customer accounts have various and numerous dead accounts. Is it at all possible to hide some of theses customer accounts if not is this a feature that you may be looking at in the very near future (please) :O)

Posted by Mike Robinson on Dec 2, 2013 9:52 PM GMT

Hi Mike,

Sorry no, it's not possible to hide customer accounts. I'll note your support for this feature, but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development.

One workaround would be to add 'ZZZ' to the front of the inactive customer's name. At least that way the inactive customers will always be grouped at the bottom of any list.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 3, 2013 9:35 AM GMT

Hello,

The latest version of Solar Accounts allows you to mark customers and suppliers as inactive (just tick the 'Inactive' box in the customer or supplier window). You can upgrade for free here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Cheers

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 25, 2014 4:26 PM BST