Forum Message

Submitting tax returns online

Hi

Are you aware that if you are a 'Partnership' then you can't file your tax return online unless you use a specific software and Solar Accounts are not on the approved list. Any plans to make this so?

Posted by Geoff Challenor on Feb 4, 2010 12:42 PM GMT

Hello Geoff,

Our understanding is that you can use the free online web service from HMRC to submit a SA800 tax return.

See this page for details:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/efiling/sa_efiling/sa_faqs.htm
"You can choose to use our free HMRC Online Tax Return for Self Assessment..."

You can therefore just copy the figures from Solar Accounts to the HMRC web page. We don't currently have plans to create an online submission process through Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 4, 2010 1:01 PM GMT

I run a partnership and I have filed online six times using Solar so there is no problem there. I would however like to printout the form from Solar and not just the reports. How do I do this please.

Posted by Peter Smith on Feb 4, 2010 10:12 PM GMT

Hi Peter,

You cannot print the self assessment form from Solar Accounts. You will need to manually complete this form (either on the HMRC website or the paper version) based on the figures from Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 5, 2010 9:56 AM GMT

Mark (& Geoff)

I was getting confussed between filing your tax return of line and filing VAT online. It is of course the VAT that I have filed on line not the self-assesment, and it is the VAT return form that I would like to be able to print off.

Posted by Peter Smith on Feb 5, 2010 2:30 PM GMT

Hi Peter,

In that case, to print the VAT return as calculated by Solar Accounts, go to the Reports list and select the 'VAT Return Detail' report. You can set the VAT period by clicking 'Configure'. Then print the report by clicking menu File > Print.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 5, 2010 3:07 PM GMT

Hi,

Can you use Solar software to produce and submit online an SA600 company tax return?

Posted by Mark Cunningham on May 8, 2013 4:28 PM BST

I do apologise...of course I actually meant a CT600...sorry for the confusion.

Posted by Mark Cunningham on May 8, 2013 5:07 PM BST

Hi Mark,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts cannot produce a CT600 corporation tax return. You will need to prepare the return outside the software (although you will find the accounting reports in Solar Accounts such as Profit and Loss useful for this purpose).

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 8, 2013 6:56 PM BST