Forum Message

Remove columns from invoice template

Is it possible to remove columns from the invoice template? For my invoicing I do not need unit price, I only need one column on the right showing the total. The column on the left is ok because I could change that to "Date" which will show the actual date that the work was carried out.
Kind regards
Paul Blinco

Posted by Paul Blinco on Oct 21, 2008 8:14 PM BST

I'm afraid the invoice layout in Solar Accounts is not that customisable. You cannot remove columns. Also, I don't think your trick with changing the Quantity column to Date will work because the field will only accept numbers - instead you'd have to put the date in the description field.

In future we may make the layout more customisable - we'll keep your email on file and notify you if we release this kind of feature.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 21, 2008 11:04 PM BST

Just downloaded Solar as everyone says solar is better than Sage

I too dont need the second column on the right and need to change the unit field to date. Has this ben updated since first mentioned in 2008?

Posted by Justin Kumaran on Dec 22, 2010 7:11 PM GMT

Hello Justin,

Sorry no, it is still not possible to add or remove invoice columns in Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 23, 2010 3:15 PM GMT

Hi there,

Could you advise if the invoice template is now more customisable?
I'd like to have item number in the first (Narrow) column, then description (in a wider column) then narrow columns again for hours, cost, VAT, line total.

I have the trail version for the moment pending solving this one.

Thanks.

Bill.

Posted by Bill Hughes on Mar 10, 2011 1:05 AM GMT

Hi Bill,

No, it is still not posible to add or change the types of columns on the invoice in Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 10, 2011 10:45 AM GMT