Forum Message

Dysfunction in all the HELP access processes - version 2.8.3

Have you discovered that all approaches to try to access HELP lead not to web-page formats of help, but to (unusable) Word or Notepad documents opening - AND have you found a local fix for it ?

I look forward a resolution from Solar soon but wonder if anyone has a solution now.

Mark McLaren informs me "Yes, a couple of other people have reported the problem. From your description it sounds like it has been introduced recently. However, beyond that I cannot give any clues to fixing the problem. I'll record your email to be notified in case we address this problem in future."

Posted by Peter Tyler on Mar 26, 2010 1:34 PM GMT

A note for other users who may have this problem: One work-around is simply to access this web page:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/

(The content of this page is the same as the Help Contents page in Solar Accounts)

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 26, 2010 1:43 PM GMT

It is NOT Solar software.

I discovered that other HTML files were double-click opening with Word!

Went to Control Panel>Folder options>File types, and changed them to open in browser. Solar help now fully functional - no idea at all as to how this happened.

Posted by Peter on Mar 27, 2010 11:04 AM GMT

Thanks Peter - that's very useful. I will notify the other users who had this problem about this solution.

For any other users, here's more detail on how to change the default program for HTML files:

On Windows XP:
Click the 'Start' button, then click Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types > HTML > Change.

On Windows Vista or Windows 7:
Click the Start button (bottom left of screen), then click Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a program > .html > Change Program.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 29, 2010 8:22 AM BST