Forum Message

Customisable invoices

Hi,
I have reviewed Solar Accounts and by and large can find no fault with it with exception to printed invoices.
I have noted that other users have asked the question of customization of logos, headers and boxes since 2008 and your response to those questions.
As detail is everything in my business right down to invoice presentation I need to know how far you are with customising invoices. Have you started? - If not, when are you likely to start? - How far ahead are you? - What is your release target date? Will the release come free or a new package have to be purchased?

Kind regards.
G.

Posted by Gordon McDonald on Mar 26, 2010 1:53 PM GMT

Hello Gordon,

Yes, we have started working on development to allow the user to modify the layout of printed invoices. We expect this will be available by the end of June as a free upgrade for existing users. However, please keep in mind that our plans may change so we cannot make guarantees about this timeframe.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 27, 2010 11:53 AM GMT

One thing I have found very useful is the ease and speed with which the "Invoice title" can be changed - both the actual words, and the font size & colour.

Having spent the past four days catching up with a 4-month backlog left by our resigned Hall Billings Secretary, I found it invaluable to be able to send (at the top of the invoice) different messages to different people, according to what state their billing or invoicing was in. Instead of merely saying "Invoice", I could say "sorry that we've taken so long to invoice you" or "pay up NOW you *****" ):

And the free text facility is proving invaluable as a means of being more precise about the dates of hirings and the like, without creating an endless list in the "description" field. It would be useful to be able to remove redundant description lines from the drop-down menu, though.

Posted by Peter Tyler on Mar 27, 2010 1:48 PM GMT

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your comments about changing the invoice title.

A few other people have asked us to allow items to be deleted from the description drop-list. I'll also record your email address to be notified in case we add this feature in future.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 29, 2010 8:26 AM BST

Just another thought. Could there in time be a drop-down list for "Invoice title", similar to the comment field that already is available on the invoice template?

Posted by Peter Tyler on Apr 8, 2010 12:47 PM BST

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note it as an option for future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 8, 2010 1:19 PM BST

Hello Gordon,

Unfortunately the 'customisable invoices' feature we are working on is taking longer than we expected. We now aim to have it available by mid-August. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 16, 2010 4:57 PM BST

Hello Gordon,

The latest version of Solar Accounts now allows you to customise the layout of the invoice template (click menu Setup > Invoice Template). You can upgrade to the latest version here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 9, 2010 6:02 PM BST