Forum Message

Editing the Invoice template

is there a way of adding fields on the invoice template?
something like "please make cheques payable to..." or "our bank account details are..."
thanks in advance.

Posted by Wiz Bonafia on Apr 12, 2010 3:06 PM BST

Hello Wiz,

The best place to add that information is the 'Free Text' field which is printed in a box at the bottom of the invoice. To edit this field, click the 'Free Text' button in the invoice window.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 13, 2010 8:20 AM BST

When you are in Page Template and you click Insert Text Field, the box with the blue handles just says 'Text Field' Is there any way to edit the text in the contents of this box ?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but if not, what is the point of it >

Thank you.

Colin

Posted by Colin on Jun 14, 2011 10:12 PM BST

Hi Colin,

Sorry I should have added: double-click on the text box to change the text.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 15, 2011 10:59 AM BST

Hi,

I have tried several times to edit the text on the bottom of invoices.
In the opened window with invoice displayed - ready for print - I have clicked on
the 'free text' box, the window opens, I enter the text - click OK, but when checking
on the print preview the new text isn't visible. Is there something I am not getting - can't see a way around it. I know I've tried many times in the past without success.

Posted by Sam Phipps on Jan 22, 2015 11:02 AM GMT

Hi Sam,

Click menu Setup > Page Layout > Invoice Template. Then scroll to the bottom and double-click on the big box next to the Subtotal field and change the text to [Free Text] including square brackets.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 22, 2015 11:41 AM GMT