Forum Message

Invoicing - Annoying function that remembers.

When entering a description in 'New Invoice' there is an annoying function that remembers every description I have entered. If I have entered a description, saved it, then later made an ammendment it remembers.

If you are writing a long description you cannot view all of what you have written unless you scroll back to the begining. In the drop down you only see a small section of each description, so you end up looking through several before selecting one.

Can this be switched off?

This is a great function during data inputing sessions only, then you should have the option to save or clear, as most invoices are customised.

I did do a backup, deleted Solar Accounts, re-installed, but they were still there.

On another point, when I did a export to CSV and restored it, there were errors. It related to the invoices that I had selected to make my own terms as opposed to the default ones.

Any ideas?

Posted by Kp on Apr 24, 2010 11:27 AM BST

Hi KP,

Yes a number of users have reported this problem with the description drop-list. You cannot 'switch-off' this behaviour. I'll record your email to be notified in case we improve this in future.

Regarding the import, it sounds like you are trying to import invoices with credit terms which do not exist in the file you are trying to import into. You will need to create the credit terms before importing the invoices. If this doesn't work, please let me know the exact error messge.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 24, 2010 2:59 PM BST

I think the function that remembers across invoices, customers and suppliers is great, until you don't need them anymore. I tried deleting but you can't (assume that's because it has been used), so wondered if there could be an Admin function, such that you could disable the description from appearing in the appropriate drop down.

Love the package.

Posted by Glen on Apr 27, 2010 9:09 PM BST

Hi KP and Glen,

The latest version of Solar Accounts allows you to delete items in the description drop-list: Just right-click on an item and select 'Remove from list'. You can upgrade to this version here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 4, 2010 12:15 PM BST