Forum Message

transferring files between two computers

With your system are we able to transfer the system and or files between two computers, not two users.

The scenario is being able to take the work home on the laptop to catch up.

At present we are using Quick Books simple start but find that we are unable to log vat paid on purchases.

I trust that you can enter full purchase details and sales details on your system, Have already got to enter 9 months data and dont want to have to do it again!!!!!

Posted by Mike Jackson on Jul 5, 2008 2:04 PM BST

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts.

Solar Accounts keeps all your business data in a single file. You can transfer data between two computers by simply copying this file.

And yes, Solar Accounts keeps track of the VAT you pay on purchases as well as a range of other information. However, are you sure you cannot log VAT on purchases in Quickbooks Simple Start? My version of Simple Start seems to allows you to enter VAT if you 'split' the transaction.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 6, 2008 1:16 PM BST

Thank you for the information, I think we may have solved the Q B problem with your help, however I have passed on a download test to a friend for him to look at as your system looks very simple, we may have a catch as I think that he will want to log item lists, as he has a small bathroom shop.

Again many thanks for a speedy reply.

Best regards

Mike Jackson.

Posted by Mike Jackson on Jul 8, 2008 2:25 AM BST

Mike - no problem. Good luck with the business!

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 8, 2008 10:52 AM BST