Forum Message

Purchases not showing up in vat calculation

Hi there

I have the trial version and I'm wondering if perhaps my problem will be fixed by purchasing the full version.

Anyway, I'm testing solar accounts for the business. I am no accountant and so far i'm finding it very straightforward.

However when i go to the vat calculation, whilst it is displaying the sales for the last 3 months, the total value of purchases are not showing up anywhere. The amount is just 0.

I have raised po's on the system to suppliers and paid them in the last three months say, but the value of purchases is still zero.

Any suggestions?

Posted by Phil Palmer on Jul 29, 2010 10:41 AM BST

ok, its something I'm doing wrong.

If i raise a purchase order say for the 29th May and then mark i paid it on the 29th May, it doesn't show up as a payment on the vat return

However, if i skip doing a purchase order and just simply a new payment, it does show up on the vat return.

What am i doing wrong?

Posted by Phil Palmer on Jul 29, 2010 11:00 AM BST

I've sorted it. Found a similar problem from another customer

When you change the Flat Rate VAT setting in the setup screen, it only affects new transactions, not existing ones. You will need to manually edit each existing transaction to say that it does not fall under the flat rate scheme. To do this, go to the Transactions list, open each transaction, then click on the small 'up' arrow next to the VAT Treatment field and remove the tick next to 'Flat Rate Scheme applies to this transaction'. The transactions will then appear in the VAT Return Detail report.

Posted by Phil Palmer on Jul 29, 2010 11:10 AM BST