Forum Message

Auto Complete on forms

Currently when entering, say, Money Received, when I select "Received from" and choose an account Solar automatically fills in previously entered info in the "From Account" field.

Is there a way to turn this off....?

Posted by Adrian Beadell on Aug 22, 2010 8:00 PM BST

Hi Adrian,

Sorry no, you cannot disable that behaviour.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 23, 2010 9:18 AM BST

That's a shame...

When first entering a sale, say total £20 made up of £15 goods £5 postage. When you first select Postage from the "account from" box it automatically fills in the £5. Excellent and really handy....but it only does it the once!

Next time round, nothing. If it defaulted to not auto complete this would solve this. Not to mention the 30 + records I had to go back in to to edit as I had forgotten to change the "defaulted" Account from field.

Also....when tabbing in the same box....every field works as it should except when you get to actually enter any prices in the Account From box. It tabs straight past the price field ?? Any reason for this....only a small thing but slows down entering data as i have to keep reaching for the mouse

Posted by Adrian Beadell on Aug 26, 2010 12:21 PM BST

Hi Adrian,

I'm afraid that Solar Accounts is simply not designed to auto-complete the amount if there are multiple lines, or to tab between fields in the table. I agree that this is not consistent - I will note your suggestions as feature requests in our development system.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 26, 2010 2:01 PM BST