Forum Message

Multi-Currency Support Suggestion

Hello,

I like Solar Accounts and it meets most of my requirements except for multi-currency support, so I have a suggestion for possibly integrating this:

1. When entering payments/receipts, the default currency would be sterling but there would also be a drop-down box where one can choose/enter currency symbol/name.

2. When an amount is being entered, there would be a field next to it for entering the exchange rate (if a different currency is chosen other than the default)

The above solution should support multi-currencies as well as allow the various reports to be accurate.

I noticed that quiet a few customers have asked about multi-currency support over the years and were told that it was being considered. Any updates?

Many Thanks.

Posted by Charles on Sep 6, 2010 3:14 AM BST

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your feedback - I'll note your suggestions about implementing muti-currency features. However, we don't have plans to add multi-currency in the short term (next 6 months). It may be something we add it in the long-term, but we cannot promise this.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 6, 2010 1:56 PM BST

I need multi currency too. I also work abroad and I'm currently using the trial version of Solar. Do you know when you will think about adding this important feature?

Posted by S pierre on Feb 2, 2011 10:19 PM GMT

Hello S Pierre,

I'm afraid we cannot say when (or even if) multi-currency support will be added in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 3, 2011 8:33 AM GMT

Hi - I'd like to add my 2 cents to this discussion - all I need is to be able to associate a currency with a file - not by transaction within a file if that would make it easier.

Posted by Peter Huckle on Jul 6, 2012 12:50 PM BST

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your feedback. It would certainly be easier to make the currency setting 'per file' (rather than 'per transaction') so it's likely that we will implement this approach first.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 7, 2012 12:43 PM BST

Just to add to the requests, I would like multi-currency too as I am expecting to start billing in $. Solar is a great package with excellent support and this would really make life easier.

Posted by Robert Biggs on Sep 26, 2012 11:41 AM BST

Each file in Solar Accounts now has it's own currency, so if you manage multiple businesses in different currencies you don't need to keep changing the currency setting.

You can upgrade here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 26, 2012 1:50 PM BST