Forum Message

Deciding on software

Hello,

I am starting a bookkeeping business and can't decide on Software. I'm very familiar with Sage but not too pleased with the price that they want to charge.

Are you able to have more than one company on Solar Accounts? Is it easy to use?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tearing my hair out!

Many Thanks

Kirsty

Posted by Kirsty Jackson on Nov 17, 2010 8:44 PM GMT

Hello Kirsty,

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts. Yes, you can manage multiple companies in Solar Accounts - just create a separate data file for each company. And we have had MANY users tell us that our software is simpler than Sage!

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 18, 2010 9:54 AM GMT

Hi Kirsty

We had the same experience when we considered Sage; really expensive, extra charges for each company, impossible to import multi-line invoice data without buying a 3rd party add-on (another £130 !), and a nightmare to learn how to use it properly. We also looked at at least 5 other potential candidiates, noe as easy as Solar.

We tried Solar Accounts for the free trial period, found them excellent with any queries (at no extra charge) and we now run our 4 companies quickly and easily with Solar at the incredibly reasonable one-off listed price.

Highly recommended, a doddle to use, and if you get stuck, you look in this forum or submit a question which will be answered usually the same working day.

Go for it !

Regards, Alan @ AdSum4

Posted by Alan Eastough on Nov 21, 2010 10:12 PM GMT

I'd like to add to what Alan said as well as am using it for business and personal accounts and it's really easy to use and very forgiving.

Plus they do come back to you and answer queries.

Posted by Andover IT on Nov 28, 2010 2:13 AM GMT