Forum Message

A couple of suggestions (bugs?)

In the dialog box for entering translations...

When the "received from" field is completed solar accounts automagically fills in the "From Account" field based on the last transaction for the client/supplier. Is it possible to fill-in the "Deposit Into Account" the same way?

In the same dialog box, if I have edited the journal memo to reflect details of the sale and then use the up arrow alongside the received from drop down to check the clients details (eg to check the details are up to date) the Journal Memo is rest to it's default value - deleting the data I have entered into it. Can this behaviour be prevented in a future version?

Leading zeros in the generated ID are deleted. I'm currently entering some historical data from 2009 the ID I was trying to use are of the form PAY090001 but solar accounts replaces this with PAY90001.

These are all minor things but thought I'd draw them to your attention for consideration. Great product. Thanks.

Posted by Ian M Butterfield on Jan 10, 2011 1:00 PM GMT

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your suggestions.

Note that if you click the 'Up' in the Money Paid Out window and then click 'Cancel' in the Supplier window it will not affect the Money Paid Out window. For the ID, click menu Setup > Generated IDs, then set the Money Paid Out format to PAY000000.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 10, 2011 2:19 PM GMT

Thanks Mark,
The format of the generated id works and resolves that one thanks.

Using "cancel" is useful if nothing is changed with the client record, but (of course) doesn't help on those occasions where a detail requires updating or a note is being added in connection to the transaction being entered. (And of course if I remember to check the supplier/client record BEFORE I enter the Journal Memo it isn't an issue at all!)

As I said all minor items nothing major at all.

Posted by Ian M Butterfield on Jan 10, 2011 2:57 PM GMT