Forum Message

Invoice/Statement layouts

Hi Marc,

I created a new customer ending LTD, then changed it to Ltd to save space. The program shows Ltd, but when you export to pdf or print it shows LTD, so now I have e.g. Jones Bros LTD instead of Jones Bros Ltd.

When I pdf a statement I get a second line with LTD as there no way to change the column width. I have changed the original template width so if I print, its all on one line, but it's all email now and what should go on one page has become two.

The column width for Quantity, I do not know the requirements of your average user but I am in the service industry so my Quantity is 1. Please please make it more flexible. You can get 9 digits in it, thats 999999999 or 11 with commas and that's 999,999,999.

Presentation is important in all businesses and being able to email invoices is wounderful as you can use colour and graphics, etc. and no printing costs.

I recently sent my accountant excel data for my yearend accounts he replied 'The spreadsheets look good and seem to be very comprehensive'. Well done Marc.

Posted by Kp on Jan 22, 2011 7:17 AM GMT

Hi KP,

I'm glad to hear your accountant likes the reports produced by Solar Accounts!

The problem you're having is due to the fact that the Journal Memo on existing invoices is not updated when the customer name is changed. For example, if you create a few invoices for 'Mary Poppins', then change the customer name to 'Mary Smith' the Journal Memo for the invoices will remain as 'Sale; Mary Poppins'. In your case, open each invoice and change the Journal Memo from LTD to Ltd.

I'll note your suggestion about making the statement column layout more flexible.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 23, 2011 8:29 AM GMT