Forum Message

Tax fund

Hi
I'm still playing around & learning how this all works, I have a couple of questions.

I have installed the trial software on an iMac, If I go ahead with licence on my Mac, can I also run it on my XP laptop for convenience purposes? Or does that involve an additional licence?

I currently have set up in my existing software a mythical payment which goes to what I call my tax fund. This is a set amount which is debited every week so it looks as if it is leaving my account, but is not really, this just prevents me from overspending.
Before I present my accounts in my current software, I simply just delete the transactions.
If I were to create a series of similar mythical transactions in Solar it generates a ID number, so when I go to delete the transactions at a later date, the ID numbers also disappear. Could you suggest a way I could do a similar thing in Solar without ID numbers disappearing?

Posted by Neil on Jan 24, 2011 1:57 PM GMT

Hi Neil,

1. Yes, you can use the same purchase code on your Mac and Windows computers.

2. Sorry no, in Solar Accounts if you delete a transaction you will remove all reference to that transaction ID. You will need to create a list of IDs outside Solar Accounts (eg. in a spreadsheet) before deleting the transactions.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 24, 2011 3:01 PM GMT