Forum Message

Solar Accounts 3.3.3 version issue Win7 64 bit

Upgraded to new 3.3.3
will not run

Hi

I've been using the product for about a year and can't speak highly enough of it. It hasn;t gone wrong until now.

I have just upgraded to 3.3.3 which refuses to run on my Windows 7 64 bit system. The pervious version had no issue. I have uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled. Same issue.

When you select any of the links or browser direct to the install folder, an egg timer appears for a few seconds then disapears. Solar Accounts doesn't start..

No errors in the event log.

Disabled my anti-virus. Same result.

HELP !!!!!!!

Posted by Sean Hanna on Feb 11, 2011 1:51 PM GMT

UPDATE

Managed to get it sorted. The new version requires ADMINISTRATOR privillages in order to run.
This means I must right-click and select the Run As Administrator option. I am a Information Security consultant and I’m not very comfortable with the idea of granting nay program full local admin rights just to run.

I’m sure other Windows 7 users will have the same issue.

What changes have been made that require these permissions?

Sean.

Posted by Sean Hanna on Feb 11, 2011 2:01 PM GMT

I'm glad to hear you are able to at least run the program.

Solar Accounts is designed to be run by a standard user without requiring administrator privileges. I've just tested version 3.3.3 now on Windows 7 as a standard user without any problems. It sounds like you are experiencing a random bug in the software - we'll note the problem and see how many other users report the same problem.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 11, 2011 3:19 PM GMT

I've just upgraded Solar tonight and now can't get it to run!. I'm using 64 bit Vista so i'm thinking I might have the same issue as the OP. I have tried the run as administrator option but even that isn't working.

I now have no access to Solar at all!

Posted by Barry Hynd on Feb 27, 2011 8:15 PM GMT

Hi Barry,

Please re-install your old version of Solar Accounts by running this file:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/Setup-SolarAccounts-3.2.4-bV7gV.exe

Then open Solar Accounts and press Ctrl + F9. You should see a message saying that a diagnostic file called 'Solar Accounts Log File.zip' was saved to your Documents folder. Please email me that file - it will give us a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 28, 2011 8:38 AM GMT

Hi i want the solar account version 3.3.3 but when i cant find it
please help me

Posted by Kapaiwa Pena on Aug 23, 2016 1:52 PM BST

Hi Kapaiwa,

I'm sorry but we cannot provide you with version 3.3.3. The best approach is to upgrade to the latest offline version as described here:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=false&flag=UPGRADE

Regards,

Posted by Mark Mclaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 23, 2016 3:07 PM BST