Forum Message

Purchase Invoice usage

Please can you tell me whether I have this right?

I make websites for individuals and small companies. Their domain names have to be registered and the sites have to be hosted. The company that registers their domain name and does the hosting charges me, sending me an invoice at the same time as they take the payment.

I pass the payment on to my clients with any other charges that I make for the actual creation of the sites.

I wish to separate the payments to the website company so that they can be individualised to each of my clients.

If I make it a general expenses payment I can't make any additional notes to indicate which client it refers to. So with this be a good time to use the purchase invoice which carries much more information?

Posted by David Hutton-Potts on Feb 18, 2011 12:14 PM GMT

Hi David,

Yes, you could use one of the fields on the purchase invoice to indicate what client it relates to.

However, a simpler solution might be to just add the text 'Client XYZ' to the Journal Memo of the Money Paid Out window. You can then filter the Transactions list to only show transactions with this text in the memo field.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 18, 2011 1:02 PM GMT