Forum Message

CIS Deductions

Following on from a question about CIS I asked on 19th May last year. My customer has said he does not want invoices stating a 20% deduction, so I record my deductions by issuing and allocating a credit note. No probs so far.
I have found in your reporting system that you can bring up all CIS deductions made by whoever, when ever. This is exactly what i need to reconcile my deductions with HMRC to claim them all back (as a Ltd Co). BUT, because I cant use the 20% deduction shown on invoice method (to one of the biggest companies in the world in my business, if they want it like that, then so be it!), then your CIS report doesnt work for me.

Should / can I create a set of invoices mimicking the actual ones,but including the deductions, as shown on the screenshot in the CIS help, just so i can use the reports.
Hope that was clear enough, and thanks for any reply in advance.

Posted by Mat Carter on Feb 22, 2011 5:12 PM GMT

Hi Mat,

No, I don't think you should create a second invoice which includes the deduction because then you will be recording income twice. I think the simplest approach is just to export the CIS Deduction report from Solar Accounts to a spreadsheet then manually add the missing invoices.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 23, 2011 8:13 AM GMT