Forum Message

Excellent Product!

It seems that we will be purchasing the software after our initial trial.
We are migrating after twenty years to a new package and already have bought two on advice from accountants and others! We are not happy with them.
Today we discovered you and it is so close to what we are after it is almost as though we wrote it ourselves. You really need to do some more marketing so that more folk know of you - email all accountants so they can recommend you.
Before we start in earnest I need to a) install the program where I want it and not c:\docs and settings and b) even more importantly write all data to a different drive from the system. Can this be done?
As with others on the forum - we really would like to customise the invoice to our own design.However even as it is, it is still better than most others we have looked at!

Posted by Dick Makin on Nov 29, 2008 6:52 PM GMT

Hello Dick,

Thanks for your glowing review! It's great to hear our work is appreciated.

There are three main places Solar Accounts writes data in Windows XP:
1. The installation directory. By default this is C:\Program Files\Solar Accounts but you can change it during the installation process.
2. The documents directory where you create data files and save csv and pdf files. The default is C:\Documents and Settings[User Name]\My Documents. You can choose to save to a different file in the Save File window.
3. A temporary directory for writing PDF files which are about to be emailed. This is C:\Documents and Settings[User Name]\Local Settings\Temp - this location cannot be changed.

And yes, we're looking at ways to make the invoice layout more flexible.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 30, 2008 10:58 AM GMT