Forum Message

Customer and Supplier Invoicing

Hi,
I am just about to purchase a Mac and therefore change accounting software (have been using Sage) . I think Solar Accounts is an excellent product for non accounts people such as myself.
Your website, FAQ's, Help center and Forum are well laid out and understood but still cant find the answer to my question.
I run a chauffeur company and send invoices out weekly or monthly depending on the client but have to record each journey on a daily basis. So my question is does an invoice remain 'live' once started so that you can add additional lines over a period until saved which I presume then posts it to the sales account. Or is this function not available and one would have to enter all the information at the end of a period i.e. 5 journeys on different days of the week to be entered at the end of that week.
The same method of recording applies to some of my suppliers who are subcontracted drivers.
I hope this is clear.
Regards

Bradley Lester

Posted by Bradley Lester on Mar 30, 2011 11:54 AM BST

Hi Bradley,

Yes, invoices always remain editable in Solar Accounts so you can just add lines as you go. (The same goes for purchase invoices you record in relation to your subcontractors). Each time the invoice is edited it will adjust the amount posted to the Sales Income account.

Note that once you issue an invoice to a customer you should refrain from modifying it.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 30, 2011 1:01 PM BST