Forum Message

Recurring invoices

Is it possible to set up recurring invoices in the system, which will auto generate and
perhaps prompt for action on a date to send it?

I run a sort of service as a subscription business, where people pay me 6-monthly from their joining date, but keeping track of upcoming invoices is a pain and will only get worse as more clients come on board. Ideally I'd like the system to automate this for me, so it's all in one place without me having to think! :)

Cheers
Lee

Posted by Lee Fletcher on Jul 5, 2011 3:38 PM BST

Hi Lee,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts doesn't support recurring invoices. I'll record your email address to be notified in case we add this in future.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 5, 2011 3:57 PM BST

Just for the record, this would be really helpful for me also for the same reason. It would probably put the icing on the cake, so to speak, as the last software I was using had this facility, but let me down on the reporting/accounting side. I am currently using the trial version with a view to upgrading.

Posted by Stephen Alford on Jul 22, 2011 12:04 PM BST

I believe this has been requested in the past quite a bit as i remember looking for this when i bought it last year. It would be really useful as i love the software, but because of my need for recurring invoicing am looking at other software now.

Posted by Ben Wheeler on Aug 6, 2011 7:17 PM BST

Me too.
I manage rental properties. Every week I raise an "invoice" for the weekly rent for 15 properties. No big problem in doing this as I use the copy facility to enter the weekly rents due but it would save a bit of work if this could be done automatically.

Posted by Jack on Nov 14, 2011 3:47 PM GMT

Hi
I agree that it would be very useful. I run a rental (houses) business and it would be great to raise invoices automatically for each tenant.
Cheers
Kevin

Posted by Kevin Thornicroft on May 4, 2012 9:40 AM BST

I keep checking on this. I have a number of customers that I invoice monthly for services. Please please try to add this feature.

Posted by Steve Birch on May 10, 2012 11:36 AM BST

I vote for the recurring invoice feature. I use a third party software invoice package which generates monthly invoices automaticaly and have to manually enter the transactions into Solar which is a pain. Please please can you add recurring invoice features to Solar?

Posted by Dean Packman on May 21, 2012 9:17 PM BST

Hi Dean,

We'll record your vote for this feature, but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development of Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 22, 2012 9:59 AM BST

Hi All,

The latest version of Solar Accounts now has support for automatically repeating invoices. See this page for details:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/new_features.php

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 6, 2012 10:46 AM BST

Hi There,

Just a quick message to let you know that Solar Accounts now supports regular payment frequencies such as “Every 3 Months” or “Every 2 Weeks”, etc. You can upgrade for free here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Cheers

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 15, 2014 12:11 PM BST