Forum Message

Drop Down Lists

Firstly, is there a way to delete entries that Solar automatically accumulates in the 'Description' field on an Invoice ?

Secondly, is there anyway to stop Solar auto-filling the 'Unit Price' based on the last time any given 'Description' was used.

It actually causes some significant problems if I use a generic description, say 'Landscaping' as Solar will auto-fill the cost of the last Landscaping project we did. I can see how it would work for users who have 'standard' price lists - but for me, it is a real pain.

I can see that this could be a helpful feature to some users, but it is very unhelpful if you don't want the 'auto-fill'. (I have asked for this to be an option in the past).

Posted by Alan Rick on Jul 16, 2011 5:56 PM BST

Hi Alan,

To delete an item from the Description drop-list, right-click on it and select 'Remove from list'.

Unfortunately there is no way to stop the unit price from being populated when you select a drop-list item - you will need to manually overwrite the price. Another option is to use a code to distinguish different prices, ie:
Landscaping (L02) = £100
Landscaping (L03) = £150

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 17, 2011 10:33 AM BST

Mark - thanks for your response.

Would you please consider adding an option to allow the Unit Price NOT to be auto-filled. Of course, I totally understand your proposed work around but it is quite inconvenient to set up unnecessary additional Descriptions to cater for this circumstance. As it affects almost every job that we do.

Browsers generally allow you to choose whether you want them to auto-fill key fields. Would it be so hard to have an indicator to check when setting up a Description to say whether the Unit Price should be auto-filled or not ? To save inconveniencing your other users, it could be set, as a default, to continue the current practice of auto filling. Please consider.

Posted by Alan Rick on Jul 17, 2011 1:08 PM BST

Hi Alan,

Yes, I have noted this as an option for future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 18, 2011 7:31 AM BST

Hi Alan,

Good news! We've added an option to not auto-populate the invoice Unit Price to the latest version of Solar Accounts (click the 'Options' button at the bottom left of the invoice window).

You can upgrade here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?flag=UPGRADE

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 15, 2011 10:08 AM BST