Forum Message

Export to PDF on Right Hand Click and Default Folders

I tend to export a lot of invoices and send them through GMail with a personal message. I just wondered if there are any plans to put the option to export to PDF on the right hand click menu instead of having to go to FILE>EXPORT TO>ADOBE PDF FILE.

Also every time I export a Invoice to a PDF it defaults the folder back to "MY DOCUMENTS" instead of "MY DOCUMENTS\COMPANY NAME\INVOICES", and I have to navigate to this folder every time I export a Invoice to a PDF file. The same for quotes that I export to "MY DOCUMENTS\COMPANY NAME\QUOTES" I just wondered if there is a way to change the default folder what the program exports Invoice and Quote PDF files into or if this will be added on a future version.

Another annoying thing is the default name for the exported file shows as:
Invoice Invoice 345 - <CUSTOMER NAME>
with the word Invoice showing twice meaning I have to delete the first one or it looks a bit silly. The same for Quotes which show the word Quote twice.

Also is there any way to be notified (By E-Mail?) when a new version of the software is released, instead of keep on having to check the website?

Only small things I know, but would be useful improvements for the way I use the program.

Posted by Steve Perry on Sep 5, 2011 7:30 PM BST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your suggestions as options for future development. We don't yet have a 'email notification list' for new releases of Solar Accounts.

I cannot reproduce the problem where the default file name is "Invoice Invoice 345 - <Customer Name>". Please click menu File > Backup, then save the backup file and email it to me - this will give me a better understanding of the problem.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 6, 2011 9:48 AM BST