Forum Message

Balance Sheet Format

I am trying to figure out the balance sheet. I was wondering why it isnt in the standard format and if it is possible to manually change the format before exporting. For Example i dont want all assets listed alphabetically under 'assets' i want first 'fixed assets' including all of the fixed assets, then i would like 'current assets' including the current assets. I have found i can make account groups to put these in, however the items in the account group default to alphabetically which isnt what i want and the account groups themselves arrange aphabetically, therefore 'current assets' group will appear before 'fixed assets' group still. Thanks to anybody that can help.

Posted by Benjamin Hyde on Sep 14, 2011 8:48 PM BST

Hi Benjamin,

Solar Accounts always orders the accounts in the Balance Sheet alphabetically. To date we simply haven't implemented a way to allow the user to specify a different order because we have focused our development on other areas. I'll note this as a feature request in our system.

A workaround is to add a number prefix to the account name. Eg. "1005 - Accounts Receivable". The accounts will then be soted by this number in the Balance Sheet.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 15, 2011 8:32 AM BST