Forum Message

Mac & Windows Xp Problem

Hi, i use a mac and a Windows Xp, all my files are on external Hard Drive.

I am unable to to open the "Business File" (Solar Account) from the mac, but i can open, edit etc from XP. This is the message i get when trying to open from mac

"Unable to write to disk. Please check the drive is not full or read-only. To safe guard your file, you must restart Solar Accounts before making further changes."

I am able to open, edit, delete etc from both machines for all my other files

Any help is much appreciated

Posted by Billy on Oct 4, 2011 1:30 PM BST

Hi Billy,

Sorry but Solar Accounts for Mac is not designed to directly edit files on some types of file systems used on external drives. In this case you wil need to copy the file to your computer, edit it, then copy the file back to the external hard drive.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 4, 2011 2:15 PM BST

I've just updated my Solar accounts to 3.9.4 and i'm now getting this same message.

My DB has always been stored in my Dropbox folder without any issues, however since this update i can no longer access my data.

I noticed the release notes mentioned some changes to Dropbox, so has this caused the issue?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted by Mark MacPhee on Oct 29, 2014 11:13 AM GMT

Hi Mark,

We've changed the way that the way that Solar Accounts saves data although we believed that this change would reduce the chance of problems with Dropbox. What is the error message you are seeing in Solar Accounts when you try to open the file?

Also, please run Solar Accounts and press Ctrl + F9 (on Windows) or Command + Option + Z (on Mac). You should see a message saying that a diagnostic file called 'Solar Accounts Log File.zip' was created in your Documents folder. Please email me that file - it will help us better understand the problem.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 29, 2014 12:51 PM GMT