Forum Message

Invoice Numbers

Hi, hope you can help.

At the moment I have a customer which I provide services to, for each job I raise a separate invoice. The problem I have is the customer only wants to be billed monthly for all of the separate jobs that I have done for them listed on a single invoices.

I could create a new invoice and add these single jobs to it but how then would I receive payment on each single invoice once paid?

The other problem then would be the existance of multiple invoices with the same jobs listed more than once. I could of course then delete the monthly invoice once payment is received but this could of course problems with the VAT inspector who will want to know why the customer has an invoice number which does not match my records.

Of course in the future I will list all jobs on one invoice so avoiding this problem but in the short term what is your advice on how to proceed?

Regards

Bryan.

Posted by Bryan Finegan on Oct 6, 2011 11:25 AM BST

Hello Bryan,

If you have issued invoices to your customer then you should not delete them (or modify them) in Solar Accounts. You should also not issue another invoice which groups the existing invoices - that would be recording the sale twice. I recommend you send your customer a statement showing all the outstanding invoices, then in future you just create one invoice per month. Note that the invoice payment does not have to match the invoice total - you can have several payments allocated to the one invoice.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 6, 2011 12:28 PM BST

Thanks for the reply.

Posted by Bryan Finegan on Oct 7, 2011 7:32 PM BST