Forum Message

CIS deduction and costumer discount

I would like to ask can I apply discount for custumer together with CIS deduction?
Example:

1 Labour sales 20% £2380
1 CIS Deduction 20% income tax 0% £-£476

1 Materials sales 20% £45

1 MCD discount 2.5% sales 20% -£60.62

Subtotal: £1888.38
VAT £472.88
Total: £2361.26

Received: £2219.39

Balance: £141.87 This is the amount I need to see but solar accounts gives me a massage on top: CIS deduction implies labour costs of £2380 but total of all lines is only £2364.38 (ex VAT). Basically what I am trying to achieve is to have Discount from full amount labour+materials and CIS deducted from Full amount of labour only and displaing corect CIS deduction in CIS reports. Is it possible? Will you introduce Subtotals between lines in furure?

Posted by Andrius on Oct 25, 2011 5:52 PM BST

Hi Andrius,

I don't quite understand. Doesn't the discount apply to both the materials AND labour costs, and therefore the net labour cost is less than £2380 and so the total CIS deduction should be less than £476?

If you want to keep these figures, you can still save the invoice. Solar Accounts will show the correct CIS deduction amount in the 'CIS Deducted By Customers' report, but it will not be able to calculate the split between labour and materials.

I'll note your suggestion about having subtotal lines, although we cannot make promises about future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 26, 2011 9:56 AM BST

Dear Andrius,

If you try to discount of total (labour+Material) then discount would be incorrect. Solar is not as sophisticated as to recognise differences, but still is extremely good value for money.
You need to calculate your CIS deduction off labour only and enter it mannually.
Jei yra tolesniu klausimu-klauskite.

Rasa McClure

Posted by Rasa McClure on Oct 26, 2011 6:02 PM BST