Forum Message

Solar accounts

Hi there,
I have started using Solar accounts and found it very easy to use. Whilst using the package I have notice few things and would appreciate if you could advise me on the following
1. There is no free text option while entering the transaction. I think it will be useful for people like me who want to add specific information against the transaction.
2. There no option to setup and maintain miles and it will be useful to record against mileage transactions along with a report.
3. Date filters do not work on some of the reports
4. Will be useful to have summary and detail reports for expenses

Please could you advise if the above functionality exists?

Posted by Sachin on Oct 29, 2011 1:50 PM BST

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts. To answer your questions:
1. You can use the Journal Memo field of a transaction to enter any type of information you would like to include in the record.
2. I'll note your suggestion about keeping track of mileage.
3. Yes, the Customer Balances and Supplier Balances don't have configuration options - this may be something that we add in future.
4. The Profit and Loss report shows a summary of expenses for a particular period, and the Nominal Ledger report shows all the transactions for a particular period.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 29, 2011 3:18 PM BST

Thanks Mark for your promt reply. I have noticed one other thing, Solar Accounts doesn't calculate corporation tax which I thing should not be difficult to incorporate. Any plans to add the functionality or at least provide a report?

Posted by Sachin on Oct 29, 2011 8:30 PM BST

Hi Sachin,

No, we don't currently have plans to calculate corporation tax in Solar Accounts. You will need to calculate this manually - you will find the Profit and Loss report useful for this.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 30, 2011 9:25 AM GMT

Thanks a ton for all your quick replies....

Out of interest, have you guys planned any new release or feature additions in near future

Posted by Sachin on Oct 31, 2011 4:13 PM GMT

Hi Sachin,

I'm afraid we can't tell you about upcoming releases, but when a new release is available it will be mentioned on this page:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/new_features.php

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 1, 2011 8:02 AM GMT