Forum Message

.ofx .ofc .qif as opposed to .csv

Having spent a week or so getting up to speed on Solar I've found many great features, not least its ease of use.

However, if there is one thing that will make a difference between me sticking with Solar or heading elsewhere, it's not having the ability to import bank and credit card statements.

It is tiresome to have to open a spreadsheet and start flipping rows, columns, and data all over the place when the banks have already been to the trouble of providing it in an industry standard format. Directly or otherwise, this is a service we're paying the banks for and it is an unnecessary strain on a small business to have to spend hours every week re-doing it in order to suit financial software.

For personal accounts I've been using Moneydance, and really love the way they handle importing. Same goes with Quicken and Quickbooks although there are plenty of reasons to avoid using Intuit.

Please advise as to whether there are plans for Solar to address this critical issue.

Sincerely, R.I.

Posted by Roger Ingham on Feb 29, 2012 9:37 PM GMT

Hi Roger,

Yes, a number of users have requested that Solar Accounts provide a simple way to import data from bank statements which have been downloaded from the bank's website. This is on our list of things to do, but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development of Solar Accounts.

If you would like to be notified by email in case we add this feature, please let us know your email address using one of the methods on our 'contact us' page:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/contact.php

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 1, 2012 3:21 PM GMT