Forum Message

Job allocation and employment costs

Hi, new to the software. I have several projects ongoing that i'd like to allocate specific incoming expenditure to, and employee man hours. How is it best to do this?

Thanks

Posted by Mark on Mar 3, 2012 3:58 PM GMT

Hi Mark,

To allocate income or expense transactions to a specific job, click the Options button in the bottom-left of the transaction window, then select 'Allocate to Job or Department'. To see your profit for each job go to the Reports list and select 'Profit and Loss - By Job or Dept.'.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 5, 2012 8:14 AM GMT

Hi, thanks. If an employee works 40 hours a week, and within that time he has spent differing hours on differing projects, is there anyway i can break that down when recording his wages through Solar? Meaning i get an accurate breakdown of time spent on each specific project?

Thanks, again

Posted by Mark Ritson on Mar 9, 2012 10:17 AM GMT

Hi Mark,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts can only associate a transaction with one job. You will need to record the payment as two separate transactions, each allocated to a different job.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 9, 2012 2:29 PM GMT

Hi Mark, my question still remains the same, has there been any updates so that i can keep it simple? Thanks

Posted by Mark Ritson on Apr 25, 2014 7:34 PM BST

Hi Mark,

No we haven't updated this behaviour in Solar Accounts - you can still only associate one job with each transaction. Sorry.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 28, 2014 2:50 AM BST

Hi Mark, ok so i have several differing accounts detailing purchases through Purchase orders. This also includes Employee wages. If i wanted to move monies from each account ( and therefore allowing me to attribute a fixed cost to a particular job ) Is it best to do this as a General Transaction?

I have tried this, but didn't seem to work ;( It did allocate the work to the job, but seemed to debit and then credit on the job report so i was no better off!

Thanks

Posted by Mark Ritson on May 24, 2014 5:06 PM BST

Hi Mark,

It sounds like you have used an expense account in both the From Account and To Account of the General Transaction - that will not work. I think the simplest solution is to just create multiple purchase orders (instead of one) then allocate each purchase order to a different job.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 26, 2014 3:52 PM BST