Forum Message

Minor but Very Annoying Problems!

I know I have mentioned a few of these before, but they are now becoming a major problem and pain and frustrating.

When exporting invoices to PDF files it ALWAYS defaults to My Documents and I have to navigate to a different (and long) directory structure every time I export a invoice.

It would be a massive major benefit if it would wither remember where I exported the last PDF file to and then default to exporting other PDF files to that folder or had an option in the settings to choose a default folder of where to export PDF files to.

It would also still be a major benefit if I could right hand click on an invoice to export it to a PDF file instead of having to select it, go to File, go to Export To and go to Adobe Acrobat PDF File.

It is also still defaulting to the filename "Invoice Invoice 325" when exporting PDF files. However when exporting more than one invoice at once it makes the filename: "Invoices Invoice 325 and Invoice 330" which makes more sense, but not when just exporting the one invoice as I have to manually remove the first Invoice everytime so it does not look stupid.

The other major pain is while on the Invoice Screen I can right click and go to NEW>Invoice and on the Customers Screen I can right click and go NEW CUSTOMER and on the Suppliers Screen I can right click and go NEW SUPPLIER, why cant I right click on the Purchase Invoice screen and go to NEW>Purchase Invoice? I know I can go to the menu bar and choose New Purchase Invoice from there, but it does not make much sense why I cannot create a new purchase invoice by right clicking on this screen.

When printing out a list of Purchase Invoices, Items with ID: Purchase 1 to Purchase 99 all use a single line when printing out. However anything after Purchase 100 has started using 2 lines per transaction, with Purchase appearing on the top line and the purchase number being the only item appearing on the second line. This could be solved if the purchase ID line was expanded by one character (and two when I hit the 1000's).

When printing out a list of Open Invoices and Closed Invoices, the printout does not actually say whether they are Open or Closed invoices. It just says Invoices.

When changing an invoice, if you delete an item from a line it does not move the other items up automatically and leaves a line gap.

Lastly it would be ultra useful if I could be notified when a new version of the software is available, instead of having to keep checking the website for new versions.

Posted by Steve P on Apr 16, 2012 12:58 AM BST

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback - I have noted your suggestions as options for future development.

Regarding the default filename when exporting invoices to a PDF file: It seems that you invoice number sequence includes the word 'Invoice' like this: "Invoice 325", "Invoice 326", etc. You may want to consider changing the format to just be the number like this: "325", "326", etc. In that way you should not have to adjust the default filename when exporting to PDF. If you still want the box on the invoice to say "Invoice 325" then edit the invoice template and set the box text to "Invoice [Invoice No]".

A similar workaround applies to the printing of purchase invoices - if your purchase invoice IDs are "100", "101", etc. (instead of "Purchase 100", "Purchase 101", etc) then you should find it fits onto one line.

Regarding the deleting of invoice lines: A simple way to do this is to right-click on the line in the invoice window and select 'Delete Line'. This will move the remaining lines up.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 16, 2012 11:08 AM BST

Re navigating to a long directory - why not put a shortcut to it in your "My Documents" folder, then you can double click this and you'll end up in the final folder, rather than having to go the long way round each time.

Just find the final folder, right mouse click - copy, then go into your My Documents folder, right mouse click and "paste shortcut"

Posted by Derek Chaplin on May 9, 2012 4:21 PM BST