Forum Message

Another feature request

Something I used regular on my last accounting software was the ability to write extra 'office use only' information on the invoices. In other words, there was a box to allow for a few lines to be written on the invoice but which did not print.

This is very useful to record details which you do not want customer to know, such as specific parts list, supplier order purchase no. or detailed transaction information.

Posted by John the Baptist on Aug 21, 2012 12:36 AM BST

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback. Note that the Journal Memo field will not be printed on the invoice, but WILL be printed on the customer statement. I think it would be good to change the customer statement to print the first description on the invoice instead of the memo field; the Journal Memo would then become a 'private' text field. However, it may be useful to have an additional, multi-line 'office use only' field. I'll note both these options as features requests in our development system.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 21, 2012 7:45 AM BST

I agree on both counts; the customer statement would be better using the first description field, the memo is somewhat irrelevant to the customer.

A separate multiline private field is whats missing.

Thanks

Posted by John The Baptist on Aug 23, 2012 2:18 PM BST