Forum Message

Import problem: Cannot change name on invoice error

I have a customer using Solar Accounts and has a problem with some importing.
They're trying to import a spreadsheet of invoices. Normally there are no problems with this, however this time they're seeing an error message as follows:

Row 4: Cannot change the name on an invoice that has associated payments

They have previously imported invoices to this account without problems. Any ideas?

Posted by Sue Phillips on Aug 31, 2012 2:29 PM BST

Hi Sue,

You cannot change the customer on an existing invoice if there are payments associated with the invoice. You will get this method if you try to import data or if you manually edit the invoice window. Is your client trying to update an existing invoice or create a new invoice? If your client is trying to change the customer on the invoice, do they also want to change the customer of the invoice payment?

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 31, 2012 3:30 PM BST

Neither, the invoice number does not exist in Solar (I checked), it's a brand new invoice just created in another application. There is no payment associated with the invoice because the invoice hasn't been imported yet. No-one wants to change anything, they just want to import a new invoice.

That's why it's puzzling me too.

Obviously something's gone awry somewhere but I can't figure out where.

Posted by Sue Phillips on Aug 31, 2012 3:52 PM BST

Talking to myself is a dreadful habit!

It's OK I found it. Someone entered an invoice manually last year and accidentally entered this invoice number. I thought I'd searched for the number but must've only searched for open invoices - duhhh.

Posted by Sue Phillips on Aug 31, 2012 3:56 PM BST